Oct 10 – 17
We are very excited to offer students an opportunity to travel to Siem Reap, Cambodia for our 2020 Yoga Retreat. Nestled in the town of Siem Reap, our selected property is one of the ultimate and luxurious gateways to Angkor Wat and the surrounding areas.
Discover the history and wonder of this ancient kingdom in authentic comfort with charming tuk tuk transport available. Enjoy the undivided attention of your discrete but attentive personal butler during your stay in this all-suite luxury 5 star property.
Each day will consist of two yoga practices in a beautifully appointed meditation room. Our morning practice is followed by a breakfast buffet arranged by the hotel chefs. Afterwards, you have the afternoon to explore dazzling rice paddies and verdant green jungles dotted with temples and ruins. Our Cambodia 2020 Yoga Retreat will truly immerse you in a cultural and spiritual adventure.
The Services Included*
- Airport Transfers
- Shared Double Room with Single Beds
- En-Suite Bathroom with Rain Shower
- Daily Room Cleaning
- Cocktail Welcome Reception
- Multiple Salt-Water Pools
- Large Private Yoga Room
- 2 Daily Yoga Classes
- Props (4 Blankets and 1 Block per person)
- 7x Daily Buffet Breakfast
- Saturday Evening Arrival Dinner
- Friday Evening Departure Dinner
- English-Speaking Guide (Airport Transfers and Excursions)
- Ground Transportation in Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Breakfast Box for Guests Departing on Early Morning Flight
*Please note: the pricing includes all of the services listed above. Excursions are not included in this price.
Reserve your spot now.
To Register Part 1
Registration is open for only 6 more people
- Click the Register button below.
- Select the Enroll as Unpaid.
- You will automatically enroll as an unpaid participant.
- Mail or Bring the $500 deposit (cash/check) to the studio to reserve your spot.
- Deposits must be received by June 1, 2020 to assure your participation.
- Final Payments are due August 30, 2020.
- You will receive an email notification that your deposit payment was processed.
To Register Part 2
Signing Terms and Conditions
- Once you receive an email notification that your deposit was processed, log into your Mindbody account.
- (My Account) may be accessed by clicking this link.
- Click on the *My Info* tab.
- You’ll be prompted to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click the Resolve button. By clicking Resolve you agree to the terms and have completed the registration process.
- If you are wait-listed, we will hold your deposit until September 1 and at that time, your deposit will be returned if no spot becomes available.
The Location and Resort
Experience Cambodia’s ancient wonders in unparalleled luxurious comfort in one of the world’s top Hotel and Resort Property Groups. Located in the quaint town of Siem Reap in north-western Cambodia, the boutique property is a 15 minute drive from the UNESCO World Heritage Site that includes Angkor Wat, and only a 10 minute drive from Siem Reap International Airport.
Drawing inspiration from Cambodia’s rich heritage, these spacious 500 sq/ft suites combine classic elegance with a range of modern amenities. From rich, decorative textiles to the luxury duvet covers and linens that adorn your bed, to time spent relaxing on your daybed as well as the refreshing rain showers, these thoughtfully designed rooms are appointed for your absolute comfort.
The Practice and Props
We are delighted to have secured blankets and blocks for people attending this retreat. Each student will have a minimum of 4 blankets and 1 block. If you want additional prop support, blankets may be rented for an nominal fee.
There are two daily yoga practices taught in the Iyengar Tradition by Michael Ruccolo. Practices are designed to align with the planned activities of the day and the needs of each participant. Timings are flexible with our morning practice beginning around 8:00am, and the evening practice around 6:00pm. The morning practice lasts approximately 2 hours and offers the necessary openings to awaken the senses while promoting relaxation, grounding, strength and well-being. The evening practice is designed to be more restorative with Pranayama and other mind-body modalities, to restore and rejuvenate the body from the days activities and adventures.
Excursions are not included in the pricing but we will be organizing numerous half-day events to enhance our Cambodia experience. They will be a concierge service coordinating excursions. You may attend all, pick a few or you may choose to do things on your own.
The Resort’s signature restaurant serves as our chef for our meals during the week to incorporate the vibrant Cambodian and pan Asian cuisine with divine flavor pairings. Our 7 morning buffets and 2 dinners will be created by the Resorts highly seasoned chefs, combining fresh market produce with inventive combinations of spices, herbs and seasonings. While staying at the Resort you can book a reservation at the two restaurants. One is more refined dining and the other is more casual. The Casual is a cafe offering a relaxed atmosphere for drinks or leisurely bites. Open until late, the casual lounge offers both Western and pan Asian comfort food.
An airport representative will meet you upon arrival at Siem Reap International Airport and transport you to the Resort. It is a quick 10 minutes away.
The Required Documents for Travel
The United States require you to have a VISA to travel to Cambodia. Please plan accordingly. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has launched e-Visa, which enables to apply for a Cambodia tourist visa online. Alternatively a visa on arrival service is available at SIEM REAP International Airport.
Social and Cultural Customs
- The United States require a 30-Day Tourist VISA to visit Cambodia that can be arranged upon arrival at the airport ($30). Passport holders from Asian member countries do not require a visa to visit Cambodia. Please have a passport sized photo ready or you can pay $2 at the airport if you don’t have one.
- If you take an electronic device that does not accept 230 volts; 50Hz, then you might require a voltage converter.
- Please dress modestly for any excursions with shoulders and thighs covered as a mark of respect for the local culture.
- If exploring temples, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. It can be extremely hot during the middle of the day and rainy season can mean fierce downpours. Be sure to carry an umbrella and stay hydrated in the middle of the summer days.
- The most frequently used foreign currency is the US dollar and almost all items are priced in US dollar. All the resorts and hotels accept major credit cards, which includes American Express, Visa card, Master card and JCB card.