In our March Newsletter, we dedicated a section to the current coronavirus – COVID-19 and the steps we can all take to support our health and community. We are posting a separate page on our website because we want to be certain that you have had a chance to read our view on the impact this public health concern has upon our choices and how we all must share the responsibilities in keeping our community and world healthy. We also have a few additional thoughts and are taking several additional steps we would like to bring to your attention.
Our practice at LYFE Yoga is centered on the health and wellbeing of the individual, as well as the community. Through our study of Yoga, we learn and teach to modify our practice to accommodate our physical, mental and emotional needs, such as when we are sick, injured, anxious, afraid or feeling run down. As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, so does our response and responsibility.
At LYFE Yoga we are working to ensure that we do everything we can to help minimize the spread of this and other respiratory ailments. In addition to modifying our group physical practices, below you will find some of the ways in which our staff at LYFE Yoga and you yourself can help:
- Increasing the depth of the cleaning and sanitizing procedures at our studio by disinfecting common surfaces more frequently,
- Making hand sanitizer / disinfecting wipes available to students,
- Providing both all-natural and standard disinfectant spray for all to use on mats and props,
- Offering a 20% discount through March on props (mats, blankets, straps) to those who want to begin bringing their own to class.
What You Can Do:
- Wash your hands, frequently, for 20+ seconds with soap and water – especially before class, after blowing or wiping your nose, mouth, etc. and after bathroom use,
- Use sanitizing sprays and wipes,
- Cough or sneeze into tissues and discard used tissues into trash immediately,
- Wipe props before and after practice, and clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces at home using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe,
- Bring and use clean, personal towels,
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick or are displaying symptoms of cold, flu, or other respiratory diseases,
- STAY HOME if you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, swollen glands or shortness of breath.
- If you are frequently in situations where you are in large gatherings or airborne, in the interests of keeping everyone in our community safe, please practice at home for now.
- If you have underlying conditions that make you particularly vulnerable to this virus or are in close proximity to people who are, consider home-practice.
- Practice promotes good health, so don’t neglect it, even if you don’t come to class.
Lastly, if you do stay home, please see immunity and anxiety recommendations from our Iyengar, Gentle, Kundalini, and Ashtanga Traditions.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
LYFE Yoga Team